The part of Informatics I like most is the practical one. I love programming, and in particular I like statically typed programming languages (my favorite ones are Java and C++), although I also use scripting languages such as PHP for web pages (see my free software).
My research interests include theory and implementation of programming languages and also design and implementation of network applications. (see my papers).
- I was a Contract Researcher, working within Concurrency and Mobility Group at Dipartimento di Sistemi ed Informatica, University of Florence, held by Prof. Rocco De Nicola.
- I took a PhD student in Computer Science at University of Siena, working within Concurrency and Mobility Group at Dipartimento di Sistemi ed Informatica, Università di Firenze, held by Prof. Rocco De Nicola.
- I was at Microsoft Research Limited in Cambridge, from August 2000 to October 2000, working with Ant Rowstron, within the Distributed Systems Group, on Distributed Applications.
- I took the degree in Computer Science on 20th April 1998 with full honours (110 cum laude) at University Ulisse Dini in Florence. For my Master thesis I designed and developed X-Klaim a programming language for distributed applciations with mobile code using Java.
- I worked at Centro Linguistico Ateneo Università di Firenze, as a Computer Science consultant and trainer.
- I wrote articles for MokaByte (the italian on-line journal about Java). I also write for Infomedia magazines: Computer Programming, DEV and Login, and for Dr.Dobbs’ Journal.
- The languages I know are: Basic (since the far Commodore 64), Clipper (mythic), obviously C and C++, Assembly, Java, HTML, Delphi, SQL, Pascal (brrr…), and, in spite of me, Matlab, and Prolog.
- The operating system I’m using most is Linux.
- I used Unix (in particular Xenix) when I was working, I developed many db programs in Clipper for U.S.L. 10/C and the most import one was the informatization of Autorizzazioni Sanitarie Office.
- I did some statistics in Access for a questionnaires delivered to some schools by A.T.A.F., in collaboration with Logos Informatica Servizi S.r.l. for which I worked few years ago.
- I took part in the publication “Gente che ha voglia di fare, indagine conoscitiva sulla realtà giovanile e le agenzie formative che operano sul territorio” published by Regione Toscana, Giunta Regionale, Distretto Scolastico 12, Consiglio di Quartiere 4, Firenze. For this I did some statistics in ISIS 30 (blahh).
- I taught Visual C++, and C Elements, at high school Chinnici (Cellini).
- I also worked in collaboration with the ISP Timenet.